Video Atlas of Neurosurgery: Contemporary Tumor and Skull Base Surgery, 1e
By Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa MD FAANS FACS
List Price: $299.99
Video Atlas of Neurosurgery: Contemporary Tumor and Skull Base Surgery is a unique resource that consists of 40 procedural videos and a concise companion book to reinforce your understanding of the material. Dr. Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa brings together a group of outstanding faculty, residents, and fellows lead by Dr. Jordina Rincon-Torroella, who carefully designed, assembled, and edited each chapter. The videos are enhanced through the inclusion of intraoperative photos, anatomical dissections, outstanding anatomical drawings, and animations that detail key steps and provide the experience of viewing a real-time surgery. Whether consulted together or independently of each other, the video and print content deliver all of the expert knowledge you need for effectively planning and understanding tumor and skull base surgeries.
- Step-by-step, state-of-the-art videos – 40 in total – are accessible through Expert Consult and narrated by Dr. Quiñones-Hinojosa.
- Each video is around 10 minutes with a total running time of over 6 hours
- Videos highlight key surgical anatomy, focusing special attention on the relationship between lesions and important landmarks.
- Procedures are broken down step-by-step for easy overview and comprehension.
- Covers advanced techniques such as: intraoperative brain mapping; intraoperative assessment of resection through iMRI; fluorescence imaging; brain stem mapping techniques; combined open-and-endoscopic approaches, cortical-subcortical stimulation in awake surgery; and more.
- Dedicated neurosurgical artwork by Devon Stuart includes superb figures that depict the surgical neuroanatomy and approaches in a step-wise fashion.
- Chapters are presented from the less complex, more common surgeries to the most complex and cutting-edge procedures that may require multidisciplinary approaches.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to access all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Published on: 2016-12-02
- Original language: English
- Dimensions: 11.06″ h x 1.18″ w x 8.74″ l, .0 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 316 pages
“One can only imagine the prodigious amount of work involved in producing this educational treasure chest. Credit is due to the authors and to the publishers for creating this appealing and useful Atlas.” Reviewed by: Edward R. Laws, Professor of Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School, Oct 2015
“Useful, complete and visual are the words which best summarize the aim of this masterpiece. Really great job! Congratulations for this excellent Video-Book!!” Reviewed by: Dr. J. Gonzalez, Director of the Residency Program Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Oct 2015
About the Author
Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa has edited several books including Schmidek and Sweet: Operative Neurosurgical Techniques, Controversies in Neuro-Oncology: Best Evidence Medicine for Brain Tumor Surgery, and Video Atlas of Neurosurgery: Contemporary Tumor and Skull Base Surgery, and Neural Stem Cells (An Issue of Neurosurgery Clinics). He has clinical expertise in Neuro-Oncology, tumor surgery, and is a world authority on these aspects of Neuro-Oncology.