- Fully trained neurosurgeon.
- Interested in Global Health.
- 1 year position (January 2017 to December 2017).
- To work in Tanzania – Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mwanza.
- Clinical, research, administrative and didactic roles.
- Under the coordination of Dr. Roger Hartl (WCMC) and Dr. Jose Piquer (NED).
- Annual salary 55 000 USD.
- Free accommodation in Zanzibar.
- Prioritize neurosurgeons with interest in spine surgery or pediatric neurosurgery.
- Sponsored WFNS 2019 meeting attendance.
Global Neurosurgery is a hot topic in Global Health. Tanzania is a developing country with 55M inhabitants and 9 fully trained neurosurgeons. Trauma (both brain and spine), congenital malformations and hydrocephalus are the most common neurosurgical disorders in sub-Saharan Africa. Both WCMC (New York city, US) and NED Foundation (Valencia, Spain) have been involved in neurosurgical projects in Tanzania for more than 10 years.
2017 is the year to join efforts and provide a shared fellowship focused in clinical, research, administrative and didactic roles.
We are looking for a fully trained neurosurgeon interested in Global Health and humanitarian causes to work in Tanzania. This fellow will rotate in between Mnazi Mmoja Hospital (Stone Town, Zanzibar – 5months), Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute (MOI) (Dar es Salaam – 4 months) and Bugando Medical Centre (Mwanza – 3 months).
If you feel 2017 is the year of challenging yourself, please contact Dr. Jose Piquer – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Roger Hartl – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to contact the 2016 Fellow, feel free to e-mail Dr. Maria Santos – email@example.com.