Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery
List Price: $199.99
This second edition is written by renowned experts in neurosurgery, neurology, physics, and radiation oncology, many of whom are pioneers of radiosurgery. Throughout more than 30 detailed chapters, the authors share their vast expertise on this highly precise, minimally invasive form of radiation therapy.
The first few chapters lay a foundation for understanding the differentiations in types of SRS technology: Leksell Gamma Knife®, Novalis, Linac and Proton Beam Radiosurgery, and Cyberknife, followed by an explanation on the physics and radiobiology of SRS. The remaining chapters provide a detailed discussion of all pathologies and disorders currently treated.
- Radiosurgical procedures for a wide range of intracranialconditions/diseases including arteriovenous malformations, meningiomas,pituitary adenomas, trigeminal neuralgia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, epilepsy, ocular disorders, pediatric brain tumors, and gliomas.
- Important updates on skull base tumors, functional disorders,and brain metastases.
- Evidence-based findings covering indications,patient selection, benefits, limitations, outcomes, potential complications, and alternative treatment modalities.
This updated reference tool is an invaluable, comprehensive guide to current concepts in SRS. It is a must-have resource for neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, neuroradiologists, and medical physicists, from residents to advanced clinicians.
- Published on: 2015-09-11
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: .0″ h x .0″ w x .0″ l, .0 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 304 pages