Atlas of the Facial Nerve and Related Structures
By Nobutaka Yoshioka, Albert L. Rhoton
List Price: $89.99
Nobutaka Yoshioka, MD, PhD and Albert L. Rhoton Jr., MD have created an anatomical atlas of astounding precision. An unparalleled teaching tool, this atlas opens a unique window into the anatomical intricacies of complex facial nerves and related structures.
An internationally renowned author, educator, brain anatomist, and neurosurgeon, Dr. Rhoton is regarded by colleagues as one of the fathers of modern microscopic neurosurgery. Dr. Yoshioka, an esteemed craniofacial reconstructive surgeon in Japan, mastered this precise dissection technique while undertaking a fellowship at Dr. Rhotons microanatomy lab, writing in the preface that within such precision images lies potential for surgical innovation.
- Includes a pair of 3D glasses to view the extraordinary images that are available online in the Thieme MediaCenter
- Exquisite color photographs, prepared from carefully dissected latex injected cadavers, reveal anatomy layer by layer, with remarkable detail and clarity
- Major sections include intracranial region and skull, upper facial and midfacial region, and lower facial and posterolateral neck region
Organized by region, each layered dissection elucidates specific nerves and structures with pinpoint accuracy, providing the clinician with in-depth anatomical insights. Precise clinical explanations accompany each photograph. In tandem, the images and text provide an excellent foundation for understanding the nerves and structures impacted by neurosurgical-related pathologies as well as other conditions and injuries.
An exceptionally stunning anatomical reference, this book is a must-have reference for residents, and advanced clinicians specializing in neurosurgery, facial plastic surgery, otolaryngology, maxillofacial surgery, and craniofacial surgery.
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: .0″ h x .0″ w x .0″ l, .0 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 128 pages